Things have changedMay 28, 2011 -
The two people reading this have probably been wondering to themselves, why self, I do wonder why that splendid chap, Samuel, has neglected to write anything in quite so long? Well two people, your prayers have been answered.
For those of you who just tuned in, heres what you missed:
- My name is Samuel Goodwin
- I write software and ride skateboards
- I was a programmer for hire and worked on various web and iPhone projects for money.
- I lived in Denver with a really cool roommate.
- I have a dog named Blynken
Since my last blog post, I have decided to drastically change my life in many ways such as:
- I applied for actual jobs and now work as a full time engineer for Snap Interactive, specifically as a senior engineer for WhoIsNear?
- I moved to Manhattan and live by myself
Things are decently interesting now. I have been here for a few weeks now and am starting to get used to life here. I have found all the important things such as:
- Where to get internet
- Where to get food
- Where to skate
- Where to get skate things
Now I spend my weeks at work in a room packed (almost quite literally) with very smart people all working to build the best product they can build. I learn quite a bit every day and look forward to the next day every morning. Meanwhile, I have plots to accomplish a few things while I am here:
- Start contributing to open source projects
- Learn something new beyond programming and skateboards
- Get better at meeting people
- Write more
- Be a speaker at conferences
So stay tuned for a new season, you will be glad you did! For those of you on twitter, I am @samuelgoodwin. If either of you are going to WWDC, drop me a line and I will see you there!